2 days later

gosh-colour

We travel nervously into London, not really knowing what’s ahead of us.  The team there are the ultimate professionals.  They barely say anything during the scan, and ask that we grab a seat in one of the “counselling” rooms.  It feels ominous.

We wait.

And wait.

A cardiologist comes in and explains the issues with the heart.  I didn’t fully understand the issues, other than there were serious complications that would need open-heart surgery. Our own hearts seem to stop, as we gasp.

We walk away from GOSH ‘hand in hand’ not saying anything.

We are offered a termination, and are told that c.50% of parents don’t pursue the pregnancy from here.

We just WILL NOT give up if there is a chance.

Decision made, we’re going into this with both feet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s